These are the five things that are currently getting me through the week:
- New joints from my homie Midi Marc’s new project- www.myspace.com/beatsbymidimarc – this kid is incredible… Im happy to be on his side…It sucks to be everyone else… Cant wait to hear the feature presentation…
- Hurricane Gustav/Hanna/Ike/Josephine – Who is bragging about their cruise to the tropics right now?
- Young Jeezy – The Recession album – Probably the most solid release this year….If you dont like it…go play fetch wit a rabid animal.
- The RNC – If McCain wins…Im moving to Canada….PERIOD.
- Football – You would think that I work for ESPN.
As promised…The first in my track by track rundown of the album and how i sought inspiration
for the album.
Song produced by: Bobby Sixteens
Spoken word by: Theron Jamison
Vocals by: Me
First off, the album is really dedicated to my son Brandon. So I thought that it would be fitting to shout him out at the beginning and get it poppin with a couple of the thoughts that run through my mind when im in the booth…I like theatrics when it comes to music. I want that feeling like the end of the movie…that last fight scene… Like on Kill Bill Vol 1. when Beatrix has the show down with Oren Ishii… Also I think about how cool it is to have the opportunity to follow your dreams on any scale. This also leads to verse for the intro…which is just some rambling that I put together. Truth is I am more proud of the beat than the lyrics (I produced it btw)…I had my homie Theron put the “Big Rube” effect on at the end. Everything is pretty much self explanitory…
Current listening: Lalah Hathaway – “That was then” (lh remix) – www.myspace.com/lalahspace
What’s up folks….Hopefully by this point and time we are well acquainted. But for those who are not..my name is N’telligence…I recently put out my first album…Black Boy Lost. If you havent heard it…feel free to download it from my myspace page (www.myspace.com/nteli) or from my good friend Kevin Nottingham’s page (http://www.kevinnottingham/). I will now be putting some time into keeping you folks in tune with the shit that makes me tick and hopefully you will also be willing to share your thoughts as well. I plan on sharing thoughts on my music as well as things that keep me alive. First off… I will be giving yall some insight into the album, a track-by-track analysis of what it took to make the complete project. So from here on out, once a week I will take a track from the record and let you know how and why they came about as well as sharing insight from the record as well….So with no further or due, shout out to my brothers…Midi, Clok, Cap, Big Jon, dyce, Bo –and the list goes on…yall enjoy.–
For those of you that don’t already have the album: